When accepting the FWS award in Athena, students agree to the following:
- FWS jobs are not guaranteed; students must actively pursue and obtain a FWS job in order to receive FWS funds. FWS funds are paid based on hours worked.
- Maintain eligibility. Students must meet the following eligibility criteria at all
- At least halftime enrollment
- Unmet need equal to or greater than the semester minimum ($1,000) or current award
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Verification completion (if selected)
- Alert supervisor and/or Assistant Director for FWS if any eligibility criteria are not met or student may become ineligible. It is recommended that any time a student receives a scholarship, grant, stipend or other type of financial assistance they reach out to their supervisor and/or Assistant Director for FWS to check if there are any impacts on FWS eligibility.
- Keep track of FWS earnings and ensure semester award is not exceeded.
- Maintain satisfactory work performance. Students will be evaluated based on several
criteria, including but not limited to:
- Adherence to schedule
- Following instructions
- Wearing appropriate attire
- Students are not allowed to work during regularly-scheduled class/exam time. If the class/exam is cancelled or otherwise not scheduled to meet, you may report to work after providing verifiable proof to your supervisor and/or department’s liaison.
- Students cannot work more than 20 hours per week (Sunday through Saturday).
- Students cannot work outside of dates of eligibility. Dates of eligibility are typically the first day of classes through the last day of finals of a semester.
Pursuant to Section 8 of the Board of Regents Policy Manual, student employees are considered temporary and a temporary employee may be separated at any time for any reason without notice and either the employer or the employee can end the employment relationship. Such separation is not grievable or subject to appeal.
For any questions, please contact the Assistant Director for Federal Work-Study at firstname.lastname@example.org