Emergency Support Funds are available to assist currently enrolled UGA students by providing financial support when they need assistance with unexpected, unforeseen, and unavoidable emergency expenses. Funding is limited and awarded amounts will vary as it depends on students’ individual financial need and Cost of Attendance (COA). Availability is subject to other federal, state, and institutional aid awarded. Generally, applicants should accept all other sources of funding, including their federal aid, before applying.
The fund is intended to address specific temporary circumstances students may be facing such as:
- Medical bills
- Replacement of essential personal belonging due to natural disaster, fire, theft, etc.
- Car repairs
- Personal safety needs (e.g. changing a lock)
- Medications or other health-related costs
- Mental health care
- Rent, utilities, or other essential household expenses
*Supporting documentation may be requested.
Request support funding by visiting the Student Care and Outreach (SCO) webpage and selecting “Request for Support Funds”.
Applicants will automatically be screened for the following Emergency Funds (eligibility criteria may vary by fund):
- UGA Student Emergency Fund
- Graduate Student Emergency Fund
- VPSA Student Emergency Fund
- Sunshine Fund
- Embark@UGA Support Fund
- CAES Student Emergency Support Fund
- College of Engineering Student Support Fund
- FACS Student Emergency Support Fund
- Grady College Student Emergency Support Fund
- International Student Emergency Fund
- Odum School of Ecology Emergency Support Fund
- SPIA Student Emergency Support Fund
- Terry College of Business Emergency Support Fund
- Warnell School Student Emergency Support Fund
Once your form is reviewed, SCO will reach out to you via UGAMail with additional information.