The National Merit Scholarship Program is an academic competition for recognition and scholarships that began in 1955. Detailed information on the application and renewal process can be found on the National Merit webpage.
Awarding typically begins in July after the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) notifies UGA of the National Merit Finalists who have named UGA as their first choice.
$500 per academic year and is non-negotiable.
- Must be a National Merit Finalist
- Must select UGA as their first choice school
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 hours)
- Covers up to four years of undergraduate study or completion of baccalaureate degree requirements, whichever occurs first
- Must continue to meet qualifications and standards set by NMSC