List of Private Educational Lenders
The following is not a preferred lender list and is provided only as a courtesy. The lenders are presented in random order. You are completely free to use a lender not on the list. The University of Georgia receives no benefits from any lender. See the University of Georgia Student Loan Code of Conduct for further information.
The lenders offering these loans determine their interest rates, enrollment status requirements, repayment options, and any fees that may apply. Contact the lender directly for further information on requirements, rates, and application procedures.
If a student applies for a private education loan, the student must also submit the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification Form to the lender.
When a lender approves a student's application for a private education loan, the lender then transmits a loan certification request to the *UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) for us to confirm (among other things) that the requested loan amount, when added to all other aid the student is receiving, will not exceed the student's Cost of Attendance (COA).
*Important Note: OSFA does not certify private education loans for students enrolled solely in continuing education programs through The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education. For guidance regarding their private loan certification process, continuing education program students should contact:
Kiel Norris, Administrative Manager
Professional & Personal Development
Georgia Center for Continuing Education
Kiel.Norris@georgiacenter.uga.edu (706) 542-3537
Since the 2012-13 Award Year, UGA students enrolled in degree programs received private education loans from the following lenders:
- Regions Bank - http://www.regions.com/studentloans
- Credit Union Student Loans - http://www.cuStudentLoans.org
- Digital Federal Credit Union - https://www.dcu.org
- Fifth Third Bank - http://web.53educationlending.com/smart-option.asp
- Citibank - https://www.studentloan.com
- Amplify Federal Credit Union - http://www.goamplify.studentchoice.org
- PNC Bank - http://www.pnconcampus.com/default.html
- Sun Trust - http://www.suntrusteducation.com
- Sallie Mae - https://www.salliemae.com
- Community First Credit Union - http://www.communityfirstfl.org
- Wells Fargo - https://www.wellsfargo.com/student/planning/steps/private
- Discover - http://www.discoverstudentloans.com
- Alabama Credit Union - http://www.alabamacu.com
- MECU - http://www.mecu.org/Loans/Student-Loans.aspx
- Union Federal - http://www.unionfederalstudentloans.com