If you are transferring to UGA from another college or university, please read the following:
- See the Georgia Scholarship/Grant Application (GSFAPP) if you are a resident of Georgia and wish to complete the application for the HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship.
- See the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you wish to complete the application for Federal Student Aid (FSA).
- Students who have completed the FAFSA for the Award Year applicable to their admissions start date, but did not list the UGA Federal School Code as one of the schools to receive their FAFSA data need to Login to the FAFSA on the Web and add the UGA Federal School Code 001598.
- Students transferring to UGA in a spring or summer term and their previous institution awarded them federal student aid for the spring and/or summer need to contact their previous school’s financial aid office and request they cancel your spring and/or summer award. We will not be able to award any federal student aid at UGA for the spring and/or summer until all previously awarded FSA for spring and/or summer has been canceled by the previous school.
- Undergraduate students wishing to receive a Federal Direct Subsidized Loan or Unsubsidized Loan must also complete the Undergraduate Students Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Application Steps.
- The parents of dependent students wishing to receive a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan must also complete the Parent PLUS Loan Application Steps.
- See how to Report Outside Scholarships and Other Resources to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).