If you are a newly admitted first-year student who has been accepted to UGA for the spring semester, and wish to apply for student financial aid, please read the following:
- See the Georgia Scholarship / Grant Application (GSFAPP) if you wish to complete the application for the HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship.
- See the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you wish to complete the application for Federal Student Aid (FSA).
- If you have already completed the FAFSA for the current Award Year but did not list UGA (School Code 001598) as one of the schools to receive your FAFSA information, you need to sign in to the FAFSA on the Web, access your current FAFSA and add the UGA Federal School Code.
- If your prior institution awarded you federal and/or state student aid for the fall, spring and/or summer, you should contact the financial aid office at your prior school to cancel your spring and/or summer financial aid Award. We will not be able to award you Federal Student Aid (FSA) for the spring and/or summer until all previously awarded.
- Undergraduate students wishing to receive a Federal Direct Subsidized Loan or Unsubsidized Loan must also complete the Undergraduate Students Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Application Steps.
- The parents of dependent students wishing to receive a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan must also complete the Parent PLUS Loan Application Steps.
- See how to Report Outside Scholarships and Other Resources to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).