When the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) electronically receives student FAFSA data from the U.S. Department of Education, the FAFSA data is screened to determine if the student needs to provide additional documentation and/or information to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).
If additional documentation or information is needed, OSFA will use the student’s UGAMail account to instruct the student to login to Athena to see what documentation or information he or she needs to provide OSFA.
How to View Your Application Status on Athena:
- Click on “Login to Athena” and enter your UGA MyID and Password; complete the steps for multi-factor authentication.
- Click on “Financial Aid”.
- Select the appropriate Award Year from the drop-down menu at the top right
- Any “Student Requirements” appear under the Home tab; review for any items / documents you must submit which will be noted as “Requested”.
- Submit any requested documents to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).