Georgia Commitment Scholars Program
The Georgia Commitment Scholars Program is a need-based scholarship program that is open to first-year undergraduate students. The scholarship is renewable for up to four years (8 semesters) and comes with a variety of programs and resources to support student success. If a Georgia Commitment Scholar’s eligibility changes, the scholar will continue to have access to The Georgia Commitment Scholars programs and success resources.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process by December 15th of each year.
- be an incoming first-year (freshman), and
- be pursuing their first undergraduate bachelor's degree, and
- be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant, and
- enroll full-time (12 semester hours or more), and
- maintain a minimum 2.0 Overall Grade Point Average (GPA), and
- maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
The Georgia Commitment Scholarship may be renewed up to 8 semesters (excluding summer) or until the student has earned an undergraduate degree.
If awarded the scholarship, continuing eligibility depends on the FAFSA process being completed by December 15th of each year, and the student continuing to meet all the above eligibility criteria.
Additional information about this scholarship including resources available for scholars can be found at http://dae.uga.edu/initiatives/gcs/.