The Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete the 2018-19 FAFSA to apply for the 2018-19 Award Year!
- Complete the 2017-18 FAFSA to apply for the 2017-18 Award Year!
- UGA’s Federal School Code is 001598.
Step 1: Get Your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID
Step 2: Complete Your FAFSA
- Prior to completing the actual FAFSA on the Web, we strongly encourage students and parents of undergraduate dependent students to review the U.S. Department of Education's StudentAid.gov website on filling out the FAFSA.
- Once you are ready to begin the FAFSA.
- Go to the FAFSA on the Web and click on “Start a New FAFSA”
- Once you Login with your Federal Student Aid ID,
- Select "START 2018-2019 FAFSA" to apply for Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Summer 2019, (Available October 1, 2017) OR
- Select “START 2017-2018 FAFSA” to apply for Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018.
- The UGA Federal school code is 001598.
Step 4: Provide the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) any of the following documentation they request from you.
- After OSFA receives your Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR), they will determine if you are required to provide any additional documentation to complete the FAFSA process. If additional information or documentation is needed, OSFA will send an e-mail to your UGAMail account directing you to Log in to Athena to access your unsatisfied financial aid requirements and view the information or documents you need to provide them.
- Examples of some of the reasons students or parents of undergraduate dependent students are asked to provide additional documentation.
Step 5: Once all of your financial aid requirements are satisfied, and if you meet the Basic Student Eligibility Requirements OSFA will be able to award you the federal financial aid for which you are otherwise eligible.
See Your Award Status to access your Application Status on Athena, or your Awards on Athena.