Federal Direct Loans - Steps to Completing Entrance Counseling on StudentLoans.gov
2. Once Logged In, select "Complete Counseling":
3. Then click on “Entrance Counseling”:
4. Under “Select Schools to Notify”:
- Select 'Georgia' as the School State, and
- Select 'University of Georgia' as the School Name, which automatically populates the school information.
- Click on 'Notify This School', and
- Under "Select Student Type", indicate whether you are completing entrance counseling to receive Direct Loans as an undergraduate or a graduate/professional student.
- Click "Continue:
5. Read all the loan information provided throughout the counseling process, provide any requested information, and answer all review questions.
- Students who complete counseling to receive Direct Loans as an undergraduate student satisfy the Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Entrance Counseling requirement.
- Students who complete this counseling to receive Direct Loans as a graduate or professional student satisfy the Unsubsidized and Graduate PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling requirement.
- The U.S. Department of Education will e-mail you an Entrance Counseling Confirmation and provide your completion status to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).
6. Click here to return to Federal Direct Loan (FDL) Application Steps to determine if you need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) on StudentLoans.gov.