Federal Direct Loans - Steps to Completing Entrance Counseling on studentaid.gov
2. Once logged in, select “Complete Aid Process” then choose “Entrance Counseling” from the drop-down menu.
3. Read all the loan information provided throughout the counseling process, provide any requested information, and answer all review questions.
- Students who complete counseling to receive Direct Loans as an undergraduate student satisfy the Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Entrance Counseling requirement.
- Students who complete this counseling to receive Direct Loans as a graduate or professional student satisfy the Unsubsidized and Graduate PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling requirement.
- The U.S. Department of Education will e-mail you an Entrance Counseling Confirmation and provide your completion status to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).