Scholarship Information & Announcements
UGA Undergraduate Admissions selects the recipients of the UGA Scholarships awarded to first-year students (Freshmen) during the Admissions Application review process. Undergraduate Admissions notifies the students to whom they award these scholarships. For more information, please visit the Undergraduate Admissions Web page
UGA scholarships available through the various UGA academic departments and schools are generally awarded to second, third, fourth year and graduate students. For additional departmental scholarship information, students should speak with someone in their school or department, their advisor or consult their school's Web site and bulletin boards
The Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) has very limited scholarship funds which are awarded to students of merit who demonstrate financial need and completed the FAFSA Process by the priority consideration date for Limited Need-Based Funds.
Students who have been awarded scholarships by someone other than OSFA must immediately notify OSFA by submitting the OSFA Private Outside Scholarship Reporting Form
We also encourage students to visit the following scholarship search engines:
- FastWEB (Financial Aid Search Through the WEB) at www.fastweb.com provides access to a large free searchable database of private sector scholarships, fellowships and grants available to students.
- The College Board Web site at www.collegeboard.com has a database of scholarship sources called Expan Scholarship Search.
- FinAid is a site providing a wealth of free information regarding scholarships at http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/
- GAcollege411 offers a search engine for finding scholarships at https://secure.gacollege411.org/
- GoodCall is a scholarship search engine at http://www.goodcall.com/